Gingerbread Cookies

Gingerbread cookies photograph by © Suchita Kalele
   
I am so excited to write this first post on my blog. It took me years of procrastination to start one but today as I am typing, it feels like it is meant to be. And if you are reading this post (and if you are not my sweet mom ;)), I am extra excited because woo hoo, I have a real reader. Thank you so much, it means the world to me to have you here. I won’t take much of your time and this post is going to be short and sweet.
Gingerbread Cookies photograph by © Suchita Kalele
   
What could be more appropriate at this time of the year, than to bake some gingerbread cookies? Yes yes those wonderfully spiced, not too hard not too soft, sweetened by molasses and brown sugar, classic boy and girl cookies decorated with royal icing. If they don’t scream holiday, I don’t know, what does. I started this tradition when my daughter was three years old, to make our own gingerbread house from the scratch and let her decorate it to her hearts content. I am so amazed to see her skills grow year after year and this year she is already planning to bake an entire village. I hope I have enough flour and sugar to accommodate her request, but for now let’s focus on this classic boy and girl cookies.
Gingerbread Cookies photograph by © Suchita Kalele
   
The recipe is adopted from the Pioneer Woman and it is one of the best that I have tried.  She has done a wonderful job at posting the step by step tutorial and recipe makes the best cookies. The royal icing recipe is from Alton Brown which also yields the best icing that I have tried. Please give it a try and let me know.

Suchita Kalele

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram